Phone: (03) 9473 1111
Established in 1884, the Victorian Deaf Society provides information, programs and education to over 16,000 deaf and hard of hearing adults each year through its diverse range of services across Victoria.
Vicdeaf’s network of services is backed by a committed team of staff and volunteers providing responsive and accessible supports, services, information, programs and education across the following areas:
- Audiological support, rehabilitation and devices;
- Disability Employment Services (contracted employment services for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, LGBTI with a disability or who have other disabilities);
- Individual and group supports; and supported accommodation;
- Auslan (Australian Sign Language) classes;
- Auslan interpreters, note taking, captioning and video translations;
- Public awareness and education programs); and
- Community engagement.